1. 1 pound zucchini, trimmed
2. 1 teaspoon kosher salt
4. 1/2 cup creme fraiche
5. 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
6. 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
7. 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
8. 1 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
9. 1 teaspoon lemon zest
11. 2 eggs, beaten
12. 1/4 cup chopped scallions
13. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
14. 1 lemon, zested
15. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
16. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
17. 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
18. 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
19. 2 tablespoons canola oil
20. Poached Eggs:
21. 4 eggs
22. 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
23. salt to taste
24. 3 chives, chopped
25. 1 pinch paprika
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:55 Minutes
1. grate zucchini over the massive holes of a container grater. switch to a excellent-mesh strainer. mix in 1 teaspoon salt. set strainer over a bowl and allow drain, about 10 mins.
2. whisk creme fraiche, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and warm sauce together in a bowl. stir in 1 teaspoon lemon zest. region sauce within the refrigerator.
3. squeeze extra moisture from zucchini the use of a clean dish towel. degree 2 cups grated zucchini into a bowl. mix in eggs, scallions, thyme, and zest of one lemon.
4. integrate flour, baking powder, half teaspoon salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. fold gently into the zucchini aggregate till a batter forms.
five. preheat oven to 200 levels f (95 stages c).
6. warmness canola oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high warmth. drop 2 tablespoons zucchini batter into the skillet; flatten with the back of the spoon. cook till golden brown, 2 to a few minutes per facet. switch to an oven-proof plate. area inside the warm oven. repeat with ultimate batter to make 3 more fritters.
7. fill a large saucepan with 2 to three inches of water and bring to a boil. lessen warmth to medium-low, pour in rice vinegar, and maintain the water at a gentle simmer. crack every egg right into a small ramekin or bowl. slip eggs into the new water one after the other even as whisking the water. prepare dinner till the whites are firm and the yolks have thickened, about 4 mins. eliminate eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and dab on a kitchen towel to dry.
eight. place 1 poached egg over each zucchini fritter. drizzle sauce on top. garnish with chopped chives and paprika.