1. 2 1/2 cups white sugar, divided
2. 1 cup butter
3. 4 eggs
4. 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
5. 1 tablespoon brandy
6. 1 tablespoon rum
7. 1 tablespoon anise extract
8. 1 tablespoon lemon zest
9. 4 cups all-purpose flour
10. 4 teaspoons baking powder
11. 1 teaspoon salt
12. 1 cup raisins
13. 1 cup candied fruit
14. 1 cup candied cherries
15. 3/4 cup toasted whole almonds
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours, Ready In:1 Hours 15 Minutes
1. preheat an oven to 350 levels f (a hundred seventy five ranges c). grease and flour an angel food cake pan.
2. beat 1 half cups sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric powered mixer until creamy. upload eggs separately, beating well after every addition. beat in ultimate 1 cup sugar, vanilla extract, brandy, rum, anise extract, and lemon zest.
3. whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a massive bowl. beat steadily into the creamed butter mixture. fold in raisins, candied fruit, candied cherries, and almonds. pour into the prepared pan.
4. bake inside the preheated oven till the pinnacle springs returned while gently pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out smooth, about 1 hour.