1. 1 lemon, sliced
2. 2 sprigs lemon thyme
3. 1 (4 pound) striped bass, cleaned and scaled
4. 4 pounds kosher salt
5. 2 egg whites
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:15 Minutes, Ready In:37 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 475 tiers f (245 tiers c).
2. insert lemon and lemon thyme into the cavity of the fish.
three. blend salt and egg whites together in a large bowl.
4. unfold half the salt combination on a huge baking sheet. lay fish on top. pour last salt mixture on top. % down tightly so fish is sealed in salt.
five. reduce oven temperature to four hundred tiers f (2 hundred tiers c). bake fish in the preheated oven till an instantaneous-read thermometer inserted through the salt and into the fish reads a hundred and twenty ranges f (forty nine stages c), 15 to 20 mins.
6. cool fish for two minutes. crack the salt coffin with a wood spoon. peel away the salt and discard. transfer fish to a serving dish the usage of 2 spatulas.