entire trout is baked with a 'salsa' of onions, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, and lemon juice to make a savory fish dinner for the whole own family.
1. 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. 1 (5 pound) whole trout
3. 3 tomatoes, chopped
4. 1 large onion, roughly chopped
5. 2 lemons, juiced
6. 1 small bunch cilantro sprigs
7. 3 cloves garlic, halved
8. 1 teaspoon ground coriander
9. 1 teaspoon ground cumin
10. 1 teaspoon salt
11. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
12. 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
13. 1/2 cup water
14. 1 potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices, or more to taste (optional)
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:45 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 10 Minutes
1. preheat oven to four hundred degrees f (2 hundred ranges c). drizzle a large oven-safe pan with oil.
2. rinse trout and pat dry with a paper towel. vicinity on a flat work floor. cut trout from one facet via the middle horizontally to within one-1/2 inch of the opposite facet. open the two aspects and unfold them out like an open e book; lay onto the prepared pan.
3. place tomatoes, onion, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a meals processor. pulse till chopped nice but no longer pureed. pour 1/2 the combination on pinnacle of half of of the trout; fold the alternative aspect of trout on pinnacle. spoon the remaining 1/2 of the combination on and around the sealed trout. upload water to the pan; set up potatoes around the trout. cover pan with aluminum foil.
4. bake within the preheated oven till trout flakes effortlessly with a fork, approximately forty five minutes.