1. 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2. 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 2-inch cubes
3. 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch cubes
4. salt to taste
5. 2 coarsely chopped onions,
6. 1 jalapeno chile pepper, finely chopped
7. 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
8. 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
9. 1 cup orange juice
10. 1/2 cup lime juice
11. 2 tablespoons chili powder
12. 2 limes, zested
13. 1 tablespoon ground cumin
14. 1 teaspoon dried oregano
15. 2 (10 ounce) packages corn chips (such as Fritos®)
16. 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese
17. 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno peppers
18. 2 limes, cut into wedges
19. 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
Prep:35 Minutes, Cook:3 Hours 23 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours 58 Minutes
1. heat oil in a large dutch oven over high heat. season pork chuck and red meat shoulder generously with salt. cook in the warm oil in batches till browned on all facets, approximately 5 minutes in step with batch.
2. stir onions, jalapeno chile pepper, and garlic into the dutch oven; cook till soft, 3 to five mins. add tomatoes, orange juice, lime juice, chili powder, lime zest, cumin, and oregano. carry to a boil; reduce heat, cowl partially with the lid, and simmer till pork and beef collapse when pressed, for 3 hours.
3. divide corn chips among serving bowls. spoon chili on top. garnish each serving with cotija cheese, pickled jalapeno peppers, limes, and cilantro.