sauteed white eggplant is wearing a vietnamese-inspired spicy sauce with basil, lemongrass, and ginger in this easy vegetarian aspect dish.
1. 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2. 1 white eggplant, sliced
3. 3 tablespoons minced lemongrass
4. 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
5. 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
6. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
7. 1 teaspoon minced red chile pepper
8. 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
9. 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
10. 1 teaspoon white sugar
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:11 Minutes, Ready In:36 Minutes
1. warmness 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium warmness. add eggplant; prepare dinner till golden brown and gentle, however now not mushy, 3 to 5 minutes in keeping with aspect.
2. blend ultimate 2 tablespoons oil, lemongrass, garlic, inexperienced onion, basil, crimson chile, and ginger collectively in a bowl. pour over eggplant inside the skillet. cook till green onion wilts, about 3 minutes. stir in oyster sauce and sugar. cook until flavors integrate, 2 to three mins. remove from warmness.