1. 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2. 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
3. 3/4 cup shortening
4. 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
5. 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6. 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
7. 3/4 teaspoon salt
8. 1/3 cup white sugar
9. 3 eggs
10. 1 cup cold, brewed coffee
1.heat oven to 175 degree c. grease one 9×13 inch pan.
2.sift collectively the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set apart.
3.separate eggs. beat egg whites in a easy bowl till stiff peaks shape.
4.cream shortening and sugar in mixing bowl until mild and fluffy the use of electric mixer at medium velocity. mixture in the corn syrup and egg yolks. beat in vanilla. add dry ingredients alternately with espresso to creamed mixture. lightly fold in egg whites. pour batter into greased 13×9 inch pan.
5.bake in heated 350 diploma f (175 diploma c) oven for 45 minutes or until cake is achieved. cool in pan on rack and frost as favored.