a highly spiced one-dish vegetarian dinner with curry flavors, vegetable kottu roti, with eggs and cabbage, is traditional sri lankan avenue food.
1. 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2. 4 eggs, beaten
3. 1 red onion, chopped
4. 3 cloves garlic, minced
5. 1 tablespoon minced ginger
6. 5 small carrots, cut into matchstick-size pieces
7. 1 cup chopped cabbage
8. 4 scallions, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
9. 2 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
10. 1/4 cup curry powder, divided
11. 2 tablespoons chili powder, divided
12. 3 cups chopped paratha (Indian flatbread)
13. salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prep:45 Minutes, Cook:20 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 5 Minutes
1. heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet over medium warmness. add eggs; prepare dinner and stir till scrambled and dry, about five minutes. get rid of from heat.
2. heat final 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. stir in onion, garlic, and ginger; cook dinner and stir regularly until onions are nearly translucent, approximately 5 mins. upload carrots; prepare dinner and stir till carrots are nearly soft but nonetheless crunchy, 7 to 8 minutes.
three. stir cabbage and scallions into the skillet; add 1 teaspoon soy sauce. sprinkle 2 tablespoons curry powder and 1 tablespoon chili powder over the vegetable combination; stir till covered. turn stove pinnacle temperature to low.
4. mix eggs and paratha into the vegetable mixture. stir in ultimate soy sauce, curry powder, and chili powder; stir until covered. cook dinner until flavors combine, approximately 3 mins. season with salt and pepper.