1. 7 tomatoes, or more to taste
2. 4 Ronde de Nice zucchini
3. 2 cups uncooked glutinous white rice
4. 2 onions, minced
5. 3 carrots, diced
6. 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
7. 4 mushrooms, diced
8. 1 bunch parsley, minced
9. 3 tablespoons dried mint
10. 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
11. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
12. salt and ground black pepper to taste
14. 1/2 cup warm water, or as needed
15. 2 tablespoons tomato paste
16. 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
Prep:40 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 30 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours 10 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 275 ranges f (a hundred thirty five tiers c).
2. slice tops off tomatoes and zucchini and reserve. scoop out the center and flesh; reserve.
three. vicinity the tomato and zucchini flesh, rice, onions, carrots, 5 tablespoons olive oil, mushrooms, parsley, mint, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix stuffing until nicely combined.
4. spoon stuffing into hollowed-out tomatoes and zucchini; cap with their eliminated tops. puncture tops with toothpicks to hold caps in region.
five. set up crammed tomatoes and zucchini in a deep casserole dish. pour in sufficient warm water to cowl the tomato and zucchini. stir in tomato paste, sugar, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. season with salt.
6. bake within the preheated oven until the rice is smooth, about 1 half hours.