lentils, squash, and coconut milk are the main substances on this creamy, delicious soup.
1. 1 tablespoon peanut oil
2. 1 small onion, chopped
3. 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
4. 1 clove garlic, chopped
5. 1 pinch fenugreek seeds
6. 1 cup dry red lentils
7. 1 cup butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cubed
8. 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
9. 2 cups water
10. 1/2 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
11. 2 tablespoons tomato paste
12. 1 teaspoon curry powder
13. 1 pinch cayenne pepper
14. 1 pinch ground nutmeg
15. salt and pepper to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:40 Minutes, Ready In:55 Minutes
1. warmth the oil in a big pot over medium heat, and cook the onion, ginger, garlic, and fenugreek until onion is tender.
2. mix the lentils, squash, and cilantro into the pot. stir within the water, coconut milk, and tomato paste. season with curry powder, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. bring to a boil, lessen warmth to low, and simmer half-hour, or till lentils and squash are smooth.