1. 5 large coarsely chopped green plantains
2. 1 (8 ounce) can organic tomato sauce
3. 1 small bunch chopped cilantro
4. 2 tablespoons homemade sofrito
5. 2 tablespoons olive oil
6. 1 clove crushed garlic
7. 1 (.18 ounce) packet sazon seasoning
8. 1/2 cup vegetable broth
9. salt and ground black pepper
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:45 Minutes
1. boil plantains with a pinch of salt in water for 25 mins.
2. mix plantains with tomato sauce, cilantro, sofrito, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, and sazon in a mortar or glass bowl.add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sufficient vegetable broth to make sure that mofongo sticks together but is dry enough to without problems slip out of a field. season with salt and pepper.
3. serve mofongo on top for five tablespoons vegetable broth in a bowl.