in this , meat sauce gets a vegan makeover with ground soy 'meat' crumbles cooked with mushrooms and tomato sauce served over polenta.
1. cooking spray
2. 1 large onion, cubed
3. 1 (12 ounce) package vegetarian soy meat crumbles
4. 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
5. 1 cup tomato sauce
6. 2 teaspoons dried oregano
7. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
8. salt and ground black pepper to taste
9. 1 (16 ounce) tube prepared polenta, sliced into 12 pieces
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:20 Minutes, Ready In:35 Minutes
1. heat a big skillet over medium warmness and spray with cooking spray. upload onions; prepare dinner and stir till golden, five to 7 mins. upload soy crumbles and mushrooms; cook till browned and softened, about five minutes. stir in tomato sauce, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. lessen heat to low; cook until sauce is heated thru, about 2 mins.
2. spray a skillet with cooking spray. prepare dinner polenta over medium heat till golden, approximately four minutes consistent with facet.
three. region 2 pieces of polenta on every serving plate; top with sauce.