this simple and basic vegan gluten-free pie crust made with almonds is flaky and full of flavor, and pairs flawlessly with any clean fruit.
1. 1/3 cup tapioca flour
2. 1/3 cup brown rice flour
3. 1/3 cup sorghum flour
4. 1/2 cup shortening, chilled and diced
5. 1/4 cup almond meal
6. 1 tablespoon cornstarch
7. 2 teaspoons white sugar
8. 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
9. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
10. 1/2 teaspoon salt
11. 2 tablespoons water
12. 1 1/2 teaspoons dry egg replacer (such as Ener-G®)
13. 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:15 Minutes, Ready In:35 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 375 levels f (a hundred ninety levels c).
2. blend tapioca flour, brown rice flour, sorghum flour, almond meal, cornstarch, sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. cut in diced shortening the use of a pastry blender or two knives till pebble-length portions form.
3. whisk water, egg replacer, and vinegar in a small bowl; stir into flour aggregate till a free dough forms.
four. roll out dough to even thickness on a chunk of parchment paper and switch to a nine-inch pie plate, or press dough flippantly into the pie plate.
five. bake in the preheated oven until golden, approximately 15 minutes.