packaged breaded eggplant cutlets make a quick vegan meal topped with purple pepper salad and served on a romaine lettuce leaf and italian bread.
1. 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
2. 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
3. 1/3 cup chopped red onion
4. 1 teaspoon crushed garlic, or more to taste
5. 1/4 cup olive oil
6. 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
7. 1 tablespoon lemon juice
8. salt and ground black pepper to taste
9. 1 (16 ounce) package frozen breaded eggplant cutlets (such as Trader Joe’s®)
10. 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced on the diagonal and lightly toasted
11. 4 romaine lettuce leaves, or to taste
12. 2 tomatoes, sliced
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:16 Minutes, Ready In:31 Minutes
1. region roasted pink peppers, peas, purple onion, and garlic in a bowl. add olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. blend salad to combine.
2. preheat oven to 425 stages f (220 tiers c). area eggplant cutlets on a baking sheet.
3. bake on the middle rack inside the preheated oven for 10 minutes. turn cutlets and bake till golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes greater.
four. line a plate with a romaine leaf. top with 1 slice italian bread, 1 eggplant cutlet, and a couple of tomato slices. place salad on top. repeat for remaining servings.