for a mild supper, here is a brief and clean for vegan eggplant caprese bruschetta toasts with available frozen eggplant cutlets and tvp.
1. 1 cup textured vegetable protein (such as Bob’s Red Mill® TVP)
2. 3/4 cup boiling water
3. 2 tablespoons boiling water
4. 1 (16 ounce) package frozen breaded eggplant cutlets (such as Trader Joe’s®)
5. 1 loaf Italian bread
6. 1/4 cup olive oil, or as needed
7. 1/2 pound diced firm tomatoes
8. 3 tablespoons capers
9. 1/4 teaspoon dehydrated minced garlic, or to taste
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:32 Minutes, Ready In:47 Minutes
1. area textured vegetable protein in a bowl; add 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water and stir. let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. preheat oven to 425 levels f (220 levels c). place eggplant cutlets on a baking sheet.
3. bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. turn cutlets. bake till golden brown, sixteen to 17 mins more.
four. preheat grill for medium heat and gently oil the grate.
five. slice bread into sixteen slices about half of-inch thick. paint bread with olive oil.
6. prepare dinner on the preheated grill until lightly browned, approximately three mins.
7. region tomatoes in a microwave-secure bowl. warmness in a microwave until slightly softened, about 3 mins. drain and discard extra liquid.
eight. stir tomatoes, capers, and dehydrated garlic into the rehydrated textured vegetable protein.
nine. arrange toasted bread slices on a serving dish. stack 1 eggplant on every slice of bread; top with a dollop of tomato aggregate.