vital wheat gluten steps in for meat in those smooth baked "ribs" flavored with tahini, ideal for vegans who revel in the flavor of barbecue.
1. 2 cups vital wheat gluten
2. 1 tablespoon onion powder
3. 1 tablespoon garlic powder
4. 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
5. 1/2 cup hot water
6. 1 cube vegetable bouillon
7. 1 1/2 cups water
8. 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
9. 3 tablespoons tahini
10. 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, or to taste
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:35 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 375 levels f (one hundred ninety stages c). grease a baking sheet.
2. integrate important wheat gluten, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika in a big bowl.
three. mix half cup hot water and bouillon dice collectively in a small bowl. pour 1 half cups water and the bouillon aggregate over the vital wheat gluten combination and mix collectively to form a dough.
4. dust work floor with flour. turn dough out onto work floor and pat right into a 6-inch square.
5. heat tahini in a small microwave-secure bowl till warmed thru, about 30 seconds. unfold half of the tahini over the dough along with your palms. flip dough over and repeat with last tahini on the alternative facet. cut the dough into 1×3-inch strips. transfer strips to baking sheet.
6. bake within the preheated oven until golden brown on the lowest, 10 to 15 minutes. flip strips and bake until 2nd side is golden brown, about 10 mins extra. eliminate from oven and coat with barbecue sauce. return to the oven and bake until flavors combine, about 5 minutes extra.