these simple polish hen and onion parcels wrapped in selfmade dumpling dough make a amusing and tasty addition to a bowl of soup.
2. 1 3/4 pounds boneless chicken breasts
3. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4. 1 onion, chopped
5. salt and ground black pepper to taste
7. 8 cups all-purpose flour
8. 1 cup hot milk
9. 1 egg yolk
10. 1 tablespoon butter, melted, or as needed
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:45 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 15 Minutes
1. deliver a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. upload chook breasts; prepare dinner till now not crimson and an instantaneous-examine thermometer inserted into the center reads at the least a hundred sixty five stages f (74 stages c), about 20 minutes. drain and cool until easily dealt with, approximately five mins. chop finely.
2. heat oil in a huge skillet over medium warmth; add onion. cook dinner and stir until translucent, approximately five mins. dispose of from warmness; stir in bird. season with salt and black pepper.
three. combine flour, warm milk, and egg yolk in a huge bowl, stirring quick with a fork till a soft and smooth dough forms.
four. roll dough out on a gently-floured surface. cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. place a teaspoon of chicken combination inside the middle of every square. fold the dough over the filling to shape a triangle and pinch edges to seal. carry the lowest corners collectively and pinch together.
five. convey a big pot of lightly salted water to a boil. prepare dinner dumplings in batches until they glide to the surface of the water, about 10 minutes. switch to a serving plate with a slotted spoon. pour melted butter over cooked dumplings in order that they do now not stick collectively.