a mushroom and onion filling is wrapped in selfmade dough on this polish family for vegetarian dumplings you can serve with borscht.
2. 3 1/2 ounces dried wild mushrooms
3. 2 tablespoons butter
4. 1 large onion, chopped
5. salt and ground black pepper to taste
6. 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, or as needed (optional)
8. 8 cups all-purpose flour
9. 1 cup hot milk
10. 1 egg yolk
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:43 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 8 Minutes
1. vicinity dried mushrooms in a small saucepan and cover with warm water; carry to a boil. prepare dinner until soft, approximately 20 mins. drain and chop into small portions.
2. melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. add onion; cook and stir till starting to melt, about three mins. stir in mushrooms; maintain cooking until onion is tender, about five minutes. season with salt and black pepper. add breadcrumbs if filling seems too wet.
three. integrate flour, hot milk, and egg yolk in a large bowl, stirring quick with a fork until a tender and clean dough paperwork.
four. roll dough out on a gently-floured surface. cut into 1 half-inch squares. area a teaspoon of filling in the middle of each rectangular. fold the dough over the filling to shape a triangle and pinch edges to seal. bring the bottom corners collectively and pinch collectively.
5. deliver a massive pot of lightly salted water to a boil. prepare dinner dumplings in batches until they glide to the surface of the water, about 10 mins. transfer to a serving plate with a slotted spoon.