trout is full of sparkling herbs and pine nuts in this conventional italian known as trota alle erbette that is straightforward to prepare.
1. 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or more as needed
2. 1/2 lemon, juiced, or more as needed
3. 1 sprig fresh mint, chopped
4. 1 sprig fresh sage, chopped
5. 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
6. salt and ground black pepper to taste
7. 3 1/2 ounces pine nuts
8. 4 whole trout, sliced horizontally creating a pocket for filling
9. 1 small onion, sliced
10. 1/2 cup white wine
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:40 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours
1. integrate olive oil, lemon juice, mint, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper in a bowl; let marinate at the least 2 hours. combo oil mixture with the pine nuts the use of a blender or mortar and pestle until you have got a creamy mixture. if the mixture is just too dry, add greater oil and lemon juice.
2. preheat oven to 335 degrees f (170 levels c).
3. region trout on a baking sheet and stuff with the herb-pine nut combination. sprinkle onion, extra oil, salt, and pepper on the outdoor of the trout.
four. bake within the preheated oven till fish flakes effortlessly with a fork, about forty minutes. pour white wine over trout and allow it simmer in the warm pan.