new orleans creole cooking became closely motivated by using caribbean delicacies. this can pay homage to the ones caribbean roots with zatarain's caribbean rice mix, fowl, pineapple, mango and banana all blended flawlessly collectively in this clean, one-pot meal.
1. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2. 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
3. 2 1/2 cups water
4. 2 tablespoons butter
5. 1 (6 ounce) package ZATARAIN’S® Caribbean Rice Mix
6. 1 cup cubed fresh mango
7. 1 cup canned pineapple cubes
8. 1/2 cup chopped banana
9. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or more to taste
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:40 Minutes
1. warmth oil in big skillet on medium-high heat. upload chook; prepare dinner and stir 4 mins or till browned. get rid of chicken; set aside.
2. add water and butter to equal skillet; bring to boil. stir in rice blend; go back to boil. reduce warmness to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes. upload bird; blend properly. cover and cook dinner additional 10 mins or until rice is tender. eliminate from heat. allow stand 5 minutes.
three. add mango, pineapple, banana and cilantro; mix gently.