ladyfingers soaked in espresso and marsala wine are crowned with mascarpone cheese and chocolate in this true tiramisu al marsala dessert.
1. 2 1/2 cups brewed espresso coffee, cooled
2. 1 1/4 cups Marsala wine
3. 4 medium eggs, separated
4. 1/2 cup white sugar, divided
5. 14 ounces mascarpone cheese
6. 40 Savoiardi biscuits (ladyfingers)
7. 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, or more to taste
8. 1 tablespoon chocolate shavings, or to taste
Prep:40 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours 40 Minutes
1. mix cooled espresso and marsala wine collectively in a bowl.
2. beat egg yolks with half of of the sugar in a bowl till you’ve got a clean cream and not using a lumps. stir the mascarpone with a timber spoon or whisk in a separate bowl till creamy; stir into the egg yolks.
3. beat the egg whites with the final sugar in a separate bowl using an electric powered mixer until they shape peaks; fold lightly into mascarpone aggregate.
four. dip half of the savoiardi biscuits into espresso-marsala aggregate. set up dipped biscuits cautiously in a pitcher dish. cowl dipped biscuits with half of the mascarpone mixture. easy out mascarpone until flippantly distributed; top with half of of the cocoa powder. repeat layering with dipped savoiardi biscuits, mascarpone combination, and cocoa powder; top with chocolate shavings.
five. refrigerate tiramisu till flavors blend, as a minimum 3 hours.