1. Lamb Filling:
2. 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3. 1 pound lean ground lamb
4. 1/4 teaspoon salt
5. 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
6. 1 onion, finely chopped
7. 1 carrot, finely chopped
8. 1 rib celery, finely chopped
9. 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
10. 1 clove garlic, chopped
11. 1/2 (400 mL) jar Patak’s Tikka Masala Sauce
12. 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
13. Sweet Potato Topping:
14. 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
15. 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
16. 1/4 cup milk
17. 2 tablespoons butter
18. 1/4 teaspoon salt
19. 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours, Ready In:1 Hours 20 Minutes
1. lamb filling: preheat oven to four hundred ranges f (204 stages c). meanwhile, warmness oil in ovenproof excessive-sided 10-inch skillet set over medium-high heat.
2. cook, stirring frequently, for eight to ten mins or until browned; drain fat nicely from pan.
3. stir in onion, carrot, celery, crimson pepper and garlic. prepare dinner, stirring once in a while, for 5 to eight mins or until vegetables are soft. pour in patak’s tikka masala sauce; stirring to mix properly; bring to a simmer. simmer for five minutes.
4. candy potato topping: prepare dinner candy potatoes and yukon gold potatoes in boiling salted water set over medium warmth for 18 to 20 minutes or till gentle.
5. drain nicely. go back back to pot. add milk, butter, salt and pepper; mash till easy.
6. spoon sweet potato topping over filling; easy top. location skillet on a baking sheet.
7. bake for 15 to twenty minutes or till filling is effervescent and topping is hot and lightly golden. garnish with cilantro.