1. 1 cup vegetable broth
2. 2 tablespoons soy sauce
3. 2 tablespoons lemon juice
4. 2 teaspoons dried oregano
5. 2 teaspoons ground thyme
6. 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
7. 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh
8. 4 (6 inch) whole-wheat pitas
9. 1 dash pink Himalayan salt
10. 1 dash ground black pepper
12. 2 small cucumbers, peeled and grated
13. 1 (12.3 ounce) package silken tofu
14. 1 tablespoon (packed) fresh dill
15. 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
16. salt and ground black pepper to taste
17. 2 tomatoes, sliced
18. 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:48 Minutes, Ready In:9 Hours 8 Minutes
1. integrate vegetable broth, soy sauce, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, 1 half of teaspoons garlic, himalayan salt, and dash of pepper in a big bowl.
2. carry a saucepan of water to a boil. cut tempeh in half and add to the boiling water. boil for 10 mins to take away any bitter flavor. switch tempeh to a reducing board and allow to cool slightly.
three. reduce tempeh into 1/four-inch slices and region them within the vegetable broth marinade. cover with plastic wrap and marinate within the fridge 8 hours to overnight, stirring now and again to make sure tempeh is protected with marinade.
four. preheat oven to four hundred degrees f (two hundred tiers c). line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. transfer marinated tempeh slices to the prepared baking sheet.
6. bake within the preheated oven, turning midway through, until golden brown and beginning to crisp at the rims, 30 to 35 mins.
7. area pitas within the hot oven till warmed through, 3 to 5 mins.
8. squeeze excess water from cucumbers the use of a paper towel. location tofu, cucumbers, dill, 1 teaspoon garlic, salt, and pepper in a meals processor. blend until tzatziki is nicely mixed. alter seasonings if preferred.
nine. gather a gyro by setting 1/4 of tempeh slices, tomatoes, and crimson onions on pinnacle of a pita. cowl with tzatziki. repeat with last tempeh, tomatoes, onion, and pita.