1. 3 large red potatoes, peeled and diced
2. 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
3. 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
4. 1/4 cup milk
5. 1/4 cup butter, divided
6. 1 teaspoon salt, divided
7. 1 tablespoon olive oil
8. 1 cup finely chopped cremini mushrooms
9. 1 tablespoon minced garlic
10. 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
11. 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
12. 2 tablespoons Madeira wine
13. 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
14. 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
15. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
16. 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
17. 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
18. 1/4 cup canola oil
Prep:40 Minutes, Cook:48 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 43 Minutes
1. area red potatoes and candy potatoes right into a large pot and cowl with salted water; carry to a boil. lessen heat to medium-low and simmer until soft, approximately 20 minutes. drain. add rice, milk, 2 tablespoons butter, and half teaspoon salt into the pot; mash until combined.
2. cowl and refrigerate potato aggregate until cool, approximately 15 mins.
3. heat closing 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a big skillet. add mushrooms, garlic, sparkling thyme, and sparkling marjoram; cook dinner and stir till mushrooms launch their moisture and are smooth, about 15 mins. pour in madeira wine, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wood spoon.
4. vicinity 1/4 cup of the cooled potato combination inside the palm of one hand; flatten slightly. location 1 tablespoon of the mushroom combination within the center; shape potato mixture into a ball round mushroom mixture using the again of a spoon. repeat with closing potato and mushroom mixtures.
five. combine half teaspoon salt, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, pepper, dried marjoram, and dried thyme in a shallow dish. drop potato balls gently into the bread crumb combination; roll around till covered. press right down to flatten potato balls into patties.
6. heat canola oil in a massive skillet over medium heat. prepare dinner patties four at a time till golden and crispy, approximately four mins in step with facet.