2. 1 cup blackberries
3. 1/2 cup orange juice
4. 1/4 cup honey
5. Corn Cake:
6. 1 cup all-purpose flour
7. 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
8. 1/4 cup white sugar
9. 1 teaspoon baking powder
10. 1 teaspoon baking soda
11. 1/2 teaspoon salt
12. 1 ear fresh corn, husked
13. 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
14. 2 eggs
15. 3 tablespoons honey
16. 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
17. 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
18. 1/2 cup blackberries, sliced into small chunks
19. 1 orange, zested
20. 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
21. 2 tablespoons orange juice
22. 1 teaspoon cornstarch
23. 1 teaspoon butter
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:55 Minutes
1. integrate 1 cup blackberries, half of cup orange juice, and 1/four cup honey in a saucepan over medium heat. deliver to a boil. reduce heat and simmer until blackberries smash down right into a sauce, about 10 minutes.
2. integrate flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a big bowl.
three. hold corn ear upright on a slicing board; slice kernels off the cob carefully with a knife. transfer corn kernels to a bowl. run the flat facet of the knife along the cob to extract corn milk; pour into the bowl. blend in buttermilk, eggs, three tablespoons honey, 3 tablespoons melted butter, and jalapeno peppers.
4. mix corn-buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. fold in half cup sliced blackberries, orange zest, and thyme.
five. pour blackberry sauce right into a bowl through a fine-mesh strainer. pour sauce returned into the saucepan. discard solids.
6. blend 2 tablespoons orange juice and cornstarch collectively in a small bowl. stir a few drops of the blackberry sauce into the cornstarch mixture. pour cornstarch mixture into the saucepan. convey to a boil, stirring until thick and syrupy, about five minutes.
7. soften 1 teaspoon butter on a griddle over medium-excessive heat. drop 1/4 cup corn cake batter onto the griddle and cook till bubbles form and the rims are dry, three to four mins. flip and prepare dinner until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 mins. repeat with ultimate batter. drizzle blackberry syrup over corn cakes.