1. 5 slices white bread
2. 1 egg
3. 1/4 cup chopped celery
4. 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
5. 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
6. 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
7. 1 tablespoon cornstarch
8. 1 teaspoon salt
9. 1 teaspoon sesame oil
10. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
11. 1 teaspoon baking powder
12. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
13. 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
14. 1 pinch red pepper flakes
15. 1/2 pound raw shrimp, peeled
16. 1/4 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
17. 2 large chopped green onions,
18. 1 large crushed clove garlic,
19. 1 (3/4 inch thick) slice fresh ginger, peeled,
20. 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
21. 6 cups peanut oil for frying
22. 5 teaspoons sweet red chili sauce
Prep:45 Minutes, Cook:3 Minutes, Ready In:48 Minutes
1.heat oil in a deep-fryer or saucepan to 175 degrees c.place bread slices on a tray.
2.blend egg, celery, parsley, soy sauce, rice vinegar, cornstarch, salt, sesame oil, garlic powder, baking powder, black pepper, five-spice powder, and crimson pepper flakes in a bowl.
3.place shrimp, water chestnuts, inexperienced onions, garlic, and ginger in a food processor. pulse into a corpulent paste. stir into the egg aggregate until combined.
4. place a beneficiant dollop of the shrimp paste on each piece of bread; spread evenly toward the crusts using the lower back of a spoon. sprinkle sesame seeds on top, pressing them into the paste. cut every bread slice into 2 to 4 triangles.
5. fry bread slices, paste aspect-down, inside the heated oil, till edges are golden brown, about 2 mins. flip bread over and fry till different aspect is crisp, about 1 minute.shift to a paper towel-coated tray to empty. serve with candy chili sauce.