a treacle filling is sandwiched between two thin, crispy waffles on this proper for dutch stroopwafel, a wealthy caramel cookie.
1. 4 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1 cup butter, melted
3. 3/4 cup white sugar
4. 1/4 cup lukewarm milk
5. 1 egg
6. 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
8. 1 1/2 cups treacle (golden syrup)
9. 1 1/3 cups soft brown sugar
10. 1/4 cup butter
11. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Prep:45 Minutes, Cook:1 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 31 Minutes
1. combine flour, 1 cup melted butter, white sugar, milk, egg, and yeast in a huge bowl. knead till dough is smooth and elastic. cowl loosely with plastic wrap and permit rise, approximately forty five minutes.
2. heat treacle, brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium warmness till melted together, three to five mins. blend well until filling is clean.
three. preheat a shallow waffle iron according to manufacturer's commands.
4. knead dough in short and divide it into balls approximately 1 half of inches in diameter, or as needed to fit your waffle iron.
five. bake 1 ball of dough the preheated iron until golden brown and iron stops steaming, 30 seconds to 1 minute. put off with a cake spatula. press down with a spherical cutter to trim edges for a perfect circle. carefully slice horizontally into 2 rounds even as nonetheless hot. unfold 1 to 2 tablespoons of the filling on each round and sandwich collectively. repeat with ultimate dough.