1. 2 1/2 pounds yellow squash, cut into chunks
2. 1 (9×9 inch) pan prepared cornbread
3. 2 tablespoons butter
4. 1 large onion, chopped
5. 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
6. 3 large stalks celery, chopped
7. 2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
8. 4 eggs
9. salt and ground black pepper
10. 1 (1 pound) package Mexican-style processed cheese food, cut into 1-inch cubes
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 15 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 45 Minutes
1.heat oven to 175 degree c. grease a 15×17-inch baking dish.
2.place the squash right into a saucepan with about 1 cup of water, cover, and cook over medium-low heat till smooth, about 15 mins; drain, saving about 3/four cup of the squash cooking liquid, and set aside. break the cornbread apart into chunks, area right into a huge bowl, and chop up with a dinner knife till crumbled.
3.melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, and cook the onion, green bell pepper, and celery until soft,for 10 mins, stirring regularly. mix the cream of chook soup and eggs together in a bowl; blend inside the pan-fried veggies, and season to taste with salt and black pepper. stir the soup combination into the cornbread.lightly stir inside the cooked squash, and lightly mix in sufficient of the reserved squash cooking liquid to give the dressing the consistency of cooked oatmeal (slightly soupy). stir within the cubed cheese food. turn the dressing into the organized baking dish.
4.bake inside the heated oven till set and gently browned, about 1 hour; allow stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.