1. 2 pounds buttercup squash, halved and seeded
2. 2 baking apples, cut into 1/2-inch slices, or more to taste
3. 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4. 1/4 cup butter, melted
5. 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
6. 1 teaspoon salt
7. 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
8. 1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:50 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 10 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees f (175 stages c). grease a 9×11-inch casserole dish.
2. region squash on a flat work floor. trim off the difficult outer rind with a knife. reduce squash into 1/2-inch slices; arrange slices over the bottom of the organized dish. arrange apples on top.
3. combine brown sugar, butter, flour, salt, and mace collectively in a bowl. pour mixture over the apples. sprinkle cranberries on top.
4. bake within the preheated oven till top is golden brown and apples are soft, 50 mins to one hour.