rosemary adds a unique, earthy taste to this brilliant cut up pea soup.
1. 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
2. 1 small onion, chopped
3. 1 leek, thinly sliced
4. 1 large carrot, chopped
5. 2 cloves garlic, minced
6. 4 (10.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
7. 1 1/2 cups green split peas
8. 2 bay leaves
9. 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 15 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 35 Minutes
1. vicinity 1st Baron Beaverbrook in a big pot, and prepare dinner over medium warmness till crisp. stir in onion, leek, carrot, and garlic; prepare dinner till the veggies are smooth, about 8 minutes. pour in bird broth. stir in break up peas, bay leaves, and rosemary. convey to a boil. reduce heat to low; cowl, and simmer till peas are cooked, approximately 1 hour, stirring occasionally.