this homemade burger uses frozen spinach, quinoa, eggs, clean bread crumbs, and red meat broth to create a delicious and nutritious lunch.
1. 2/3 cup beef broth
2. 1/3 cup dry quinoa
3. 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
4. 1/2 cup chopped onion
5. 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
6. 2 cloves garlic, or more to taste
7. 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
8. 1 teaspoon salt
9. 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
10. 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
11. 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
12. 2 egg whites
13. 1 egg
14. cooking spray
15. 4 hamburger buns
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:28 Minutes, Ready In:58 Minutes
1. bring pork broth to a strong boil in a saucepan over excessive warmness. stir in quinoa; reduce warmness to low and cowl. cook dinner till broth is absorbed, about 15 mins. put off from warmth; let stand for 5 mins. fluff with a fork; allow cool.
2. chop spinach in a food processor; transfer to a bowl. chop onion, parmesan cheese, and garlic within the food processor; add to the spinach. mix in cooled quinoa, bread crumbs, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and black pepper. add egg whites and egg; stir burger mixture to combine.
3. shape burger mixture into 4 equal patties. heat a skillet over medium-excessive warmness and coat with cooking spray. cook patties till cooked throughout, four to six mins consistent with facet. serve on hamburger buns.