1. 2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
2. 2 tablespoons olive oil
3. 1 onion, chopped
4. 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
5. 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
6. 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
7. 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
8. 1/2 teaspoon salt
9. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:45 Minutes
1. eliminate pie crust pouches from container; go away at room temperature.
2. preheat oven to 450 tiers f (230 stages c).
three. warmness olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. add onion; cook till translucent, approximately 3 minutes. upload spinach; cook dinner till all moisture has evaporated, about 2 minutes. remove from warmth and let cool.
4. combine ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl. add cooled spinach combination; mix topping properly.
5. unfold a pie crust onto a nonstick baking sheet; press out fold lines with fingertips. unfold half of the topping onto the crust, covering all but 1 inch of the edge. fold the brink over the topping. repeat unfolding, spreading, and folding the second crust. sprinkle the last half of cup mozzarella cheese frivolously over the two pies.
6. bake in the preheated oven until the crust is gently browned and the topping is bubbly, about 20 minutes.