breaded chook breast rolls are full of spinach, parmesan, and garlic pesto, then cooked in the microwave for an clean, flavorful meal.
1. Spinach Pesto Sauce:
2. 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
3. 1 tablespoon water
4. 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
5. 1/2 cup olive oil
6. 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
7. 2 cloves garlic, minced
8. 1 tablespoon basil
9. 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
10. ground black pepper to taste
11. Chicken Breasts:
12. 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
13. salt and ground black pepper to taste
14. 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
15. 1/4 cup melted butter
16. 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:16 Minutes, Ready In:36 Minutes
1. place frozen chopped spinach in microwave-safe bowl with water. prepare dinner in microwave till hot, 6 to 7 mins; cool till effortlessly handled. squeeze spinach to extract liquid. integrate spinach, parmesan cheese, olive oil, parsley, garlic, basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper within the bowl of a meals processor; puree until clean.
2. region every chook breast among 2 portions of plastic wrap; pound each breast the usage of a meat mallet until flattened. put off plastic wrap; sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper. unfold spinach aggregate on each breast, pinnacle with monterey jack cheese strips, roll chook, and at ease with toothpicks. dip each bird roll in melted butter; coat very well with bread crumbs. vicinity bird rolls aspect through side in an eight-inch microwave-safe baking dish with seam-facet down. cover dish with plastic wrap, leaving 1/2 inch of one facet uncovered to vent steam.
3. cook dinner bird rolls in microwave till juices run clear and fowl is company to touch, 10 to twelve mins. an immediate-study thermometer inserted into the middle must examine at least a hundred sixty five degrees f (74 tiers c).