1. 1 (15 ounce) container extra-firm tofu, drained
2. 1 teaspoon olive oil
3. 2 cloves garlic, minced
4. 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
5. 3 scallions, thinly sliced
6. 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
7. 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
8. 1 teaspoon kosher salt
9. 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
10. 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
11. 3 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
12. 1 ounce crumbled queso fresco
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:10 Minutes, Ready In:45 Minutes
1. region tofu onto a plate and region some other plate on pinnacle. set a three- to five-pound weight on pinnacle (a container filled with water works nicely). press tofu for 20 to 30 minutes; drain and discard the accumulated liquid. disintegrate tofu into 1/four-inch portions.
2. warmness olive oil in a saucepan over medium warmth. upload garlic; prepare dinner and stir until aromatic, about 2 minutes. add mushrooms, scallions, and jalapeno; cook until softened, approximately 2 minutes. stir in crumbled tofu and purple pepper flakes. cover and prepare dinner till flavors blend, approximately four mins.
3. season the tofu aggregate with salt and pepper. stir in tomatoes and three tablespoons cilantro; prepare dinner and stir till tomatoes are simply heated through, approximately 2 mins. spoon tofu scramble onto 2 plates; sprinkle queso fresco on top. garnish with the final cilantro.