sweet potato soup warmly spiced and fantastically offered. use creme fraiche if available in vicinity of the bitter cream.
1. 1/2 cup sour cream
2. 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
3. 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4. 1 tablespoon butter
5. 1 onion, sliced
6. 2 cloves garlic, sliced
7. 4 cups chicken stock
8. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
9. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
10. 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
11. 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
12. 1 lime, juiced
13. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
14. salt to taste
15. 1 large roma (plum) tomato, seeded and diced
1. in a small bowl, stir collectively the bitter cream and lime zest. set aside in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to combo.
2. melt butter in a massive pot over medium warmness. add onion and garlic, and prepare dinner for approximately 5 mins, till softened. add candy potatoes, and bird stock. season with cumin, chili flakes and ginger. convey to a boil. lessen warmth to low, cowl, and simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
three. puree the soup the usage of an immersion blender or normal blender. if using a counter top blender, puree in small batches, filling the blender simply a piece past half way to avoid spillage. whisk peanut butter into the soup, and heat thru. stir in lime juice, and salt.
4. ladle into heat bowls, and pinnacle with a dollop of the reserved bitter cream, some pieces of diced tomato, and a sprinkle of cilantro.