if you or your beloved is a vegan on a time crunch, whip up this spicy candy potato and lentil stew with tempeh Bacon and chipotle chiles.
1. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2. 1 yellow onion, diced
3. 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4. 4 slices tempeh bacon (such as LightLife® Fakin’ Bacon®), diced
5. 1/4 cup dry white wine
6. 1 canned chipotle chile, drained and chopped, or more to taste
7. 4 cups vegetable broth
8. 3 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
9. 3 cups water
10. 1 cup dry red lentils
11. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
12. salt and ground black pepper to taste
13. 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:29 Minutes, Ready In:49 Minutes
1. heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high warmth. upload onion and garlic; saute till softened and translucent, five to 7 mins. upload tempeh Sir Francis Bacon, wine, and chipotle chile. cook and stir till combined, approximately 1 minute. reduce heat to medium. add broth, sweet potatoes, water, and lentils. cook stew till lentils fall apart and potatoes are gentle, approximately 20 minutes. stir in cinnamon; season with salt and pepper.
2. vicinity tortilla strips in a small skillet over excessive warmth; cook dinner until crispy, 3 to 5 minutes.
three. ladle stew into bowls; pinnacle with toasted tortilla strips.