complete-grain flatbreads are crowned with smoky eggplant baba ghanoush, cheese, and cajun-spiced shrimp in those tasty, own family-pleasant wraps.
1. 1 large eggplant
2. 1 red bell pepper
3. 1 green bell pepper
4. 1/2 cup tahini
5. 1/3 cup lemon juice
6. 4 cloves garlic, minced
7. 2 teaspoons ground cumin
8. 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
9. 4 whole-grain flatbreads
10. 4 teaspoons basil pesto
11. 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
12. 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
13. 1 pound shrimp
14. 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, or more to taste
15. 3 tomatoes, cut into 16 slices
Prep:35 Minutes, Cook:38 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 23 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 375 tiers f (one hundred ninety levels c).
2. preheat a charcoal grill for medium warmness and lightly oil the grate. poke numerous holes in the eggplant with a knife.
three. grill eggplant, purple bell pepper, and inexperienced bell pepper till pores and skin begins to blacken and flesh softens, 10 to fifteen minutes.
four. vicinity eggplant on a baking sheet. chop purple bell pepper and inexperienced bell peppers.
five. bake eggplant within the preheated oven until soft, about 20 mins. cool until easily handled, about 10 minutes. peel off skin. mash flesh into a rough paste.
6. integrate mashed eggplant, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin in a blender; puree until clean. pour into a bowl. drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on pinnacle.
7. arrange flatbreads on a baking sheet. unfold 2 tablespoons eggplant puree and 1 teaspoon pesto on top of each flatbread. pinnacle with 1/four cup pink bell pepper, 1/four cup green bell pepper, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
8. bake inside the preheated oven until mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese are melted, about five mins.
9. toss shrimp with cajun seasoning in a bowl.
10. warmth ultimate 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. cook shrimp inside the warm oil till opaque, approximately 3 mins.
eleven. divide shrimp and tomato slices amongst flatbreads. reduce into slices or wrap up and serve with closing eggplant puree at the facet.