white bread is broken down and re-shaped into stuffing made with onions, parsley, and vinegar on this for portuguese stuffing balls.
1. 3 loaves white bread, torn into pieces
2. 1/2 cup water
3. 1 large egg, beaten
4. 1 1/2 cups lard
5. 2 sweet onion (such as Vidalia®), chopped
6. 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
7. 1/3 cup cider vinegar
8. 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, or more to taste
9. 1/2 teaspoon salt
10. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
11. cooking spray
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:33 Minutes, Ready In:58 Minutes
1. place bread right into a large bowl. pour water over the bread; upload egg. press combination down with fists, turning as wished, till bread is frivolously moistened and crumbled.
2. soften lard in a huge skillet over medium warmness. add onions and parsley; simmer till onions are gentle, approximately 10 minutes. lessen heat to low. stir in vinegar, pink pepper flakes, salt, and ground black pepper; simmer till flavors integrate, approximately 5 mins.
3. pour onion mixture over the bread combination, turning the bread at the same time as pouring; blend until stuffing mixture is evenly mixed.
four. preheat oven to 325 ranges f (a hundred sixty five degrees c). spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
5. shape stuffing mixture into three-inch balls; vicinity onto baking sheets 1 half of-inches apart.
6. bake within the preheated oven until golden brown, 18 to twenty minutes.