fresh mussels are simmered in a buttery tomato sauce loaded with garlic, onion, and herbs this zesty seafood with a highly spiced kick.
1. 1/2 cup butter
2. 1 red onion, minced
3. 1 head garlic, minced
4. 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
5. 1 cup diced celery
6. 1/4 cup vermouth
7. 1 lemon, juiced
8. 1/2 lemon, sliced
9. 1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Louisiana®), or more to taste
10. 1 tablespoon dried thyme, or more to taste
11. 1 tablespoon ground paprika
12. 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
13. freshly ground black pepper to taste
14. 1 pound fresh mussels, or more to taste
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:27 Minutes, Ready In:57 Minutes
1. melt butter in a big pot over medium warmth. upload onion and garlic; cook dinner and stir until softened, approximately 5 minutes. add tomatoes, celery, vermouth, lemon juices, lemon slices, warm sauce, thyme, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper. simmer till flavors integrate, approximately 20 mins.
2. stir mussels into the pot. simmer, covered, until mussels have opened, approximately 2 mins.