pan-fried eggplant is topped with purple chile peppers, onion, and garlic for a spicy vegetarian dish from indonesia known as terong balado.
1. 5 fresh red chile peppers
2. 1 small onion
3. 1/2 tomato
4. 2 cloves garlic
5. 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
6. 2 long eggplants, sliced into 1 1/2-inch pieces
7. 1 tablespoon white sugar
8. 1 teaspoon salt
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:10 Minutes, Ready In:20 Minutes
1. place chile peppers, onion, tomato, and garlic in a meals processor. pulse in short until coarsely chopped.
2. warmness 2 tablespoons oil in a massive skillet over low warmness until shimmering. set up half of the eggplant in a single layer and pan-fry until barely browned and smooth, 2 to three mins in line with facet. transfer to a serving dish. repeat with 2 tablespoons oil and final eggplant.
3. warmth ultimate 1 tablespoon oil within the same skillet. add chile mixture; cook dinner and stir until softened, about 1 minute. stir in sugar and salt. spoon chile combination over eggplant.