1. 3 tablespoons edible oil
2. 1 onion,chopped
3. 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
4. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
5. 2 tablespoons tomato paste
6. 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
7. 3 large tomatoes, chopped
8. 3/4 cup water
9. salt and ground black pepper to taste
10. 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into bite-size chunks
11. 4 cups jasmine rice
12. water to cover
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:41 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 6 Minutes
1. warm 2 tablespoons oil in a pot over medium heat. add onion, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir until softened, for 5 minutes.add tomato paste and cayenne pepper; stirring constantly, until dark and aromatic, for 2 minutes. add in tomatoes, 3/four cup water, salt, and pepper. cowl and simmer over medium-low heat.
2. warm 1 tablespoon oil in a separate pot. season stew meat with salt and pepper. cook till hot oil turn brown.
3.add meat into the simmering tomato aggregate. add jasmine rice. pour in enough water to cowl the rice. cover and cook over medium warmness, stirring till meat and rice become soft, for half-hour.