1. 1/4 cup melted butter
2. 2 tablespoons olive oil
3. 4 lamb shanks
4. sea salt
5. 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
6. 1 large chopped onion
7. 3 chopped carrots
8. 2 chopped stalks celery
9. 6 crushed cloves garlic
10. 1 tablespoon dried thyme
11. 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
12. 1 teaspoon dried basil
13. 3 cups chicken broth
14. 1 cup red wine
15. 1 (2 1/2 pound) butternut squash, peeled and chopped
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:6 Hours 29 Minutes, Ready In:6 Hours 54 Minutes
1.heat oven to 275 degree.
2. heat 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a pan over medium-excessive heat. season lamb shanks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and half of teaspoon pepper. cook till browned, for 2 mins in step with side.
3. add onion, carrots, and celery into the pan. add half teaspoon salt, half of teaspoon pepper, garlic, 2 teaspoons thyme, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and basil. pour in chicken broth and wine; convey to a boil. remove from heat and cover.
4. vicinity included pan within the heated oven; bake till lamb shanks are smooth, about 6 hours. test level of liquid every 2 hours, including more chook broth or crimson wine if too much evaporates.
5. place butternut squash in a big pot of water with 1 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. lessen heat and cook till soft, 15 to 20 minutes. drain and go back to the pot.
6. add 2 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon thyme, half of teaspoon rosemary. mash with a fork till clean. reheat over medium heat earlier than serving with lamb shanks.