shredded leftover turkey is cooked with tomatoes and green chiles, spiced with cayenne and cumin and finished off with sparkling avocado and dried cilantro for a zesty, uncommon soup.
1. 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey
2. 4 cups vegetable broth
3. 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
4. 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
5. 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
6. 1 onion, chopped
7. 2 cloves garlic, crushed
8. 1 tablespoon lime juice
9. 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
10. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
11. salt and pepper to taste
12. 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
13. 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
14. 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:45 Minutes
1. in a massive pot over medium warmth, integrate turkey, broth, canned tomatoes, inexperienced chiles, clean tomatoes, onion, garlic, and lime juice. season with cayenne, cumin, salt, and pepper. bring to a boil, then lessen warmth, and simmer 15 to twenty mins.
2. stir in avocado and cilantro, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, till barely thickened. spoon into serving bowls, and top with shredded cheese.