soba noodles, eggs, and scallions bake up right into a golden kugel that makes a simple however particular side dish that fuses jewish and asian dishes.
1. 1 (12 ounce) package soba noodles
2. 1/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
3. 1 small onion, finely chopped
4. 4 scallions, finely chopped
5. 4 eggs, beaten
6. 1 teaspoon salt
7. 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:52 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 22 Minutes
1. fill a big pot with gently salted water and bring to a boil. add soba noodles; cook, stirring on occasion, till gentle yet company to the chew, three to 5 minutes. drain and toss with 1 tablespoon oil. permit to cool, about 15 mins. switch to a bowl.
2. preheat oven to 375 tiers f (one hundred ninety levels c).
3. warmness 2 tablespoons oil in a huge skillet over medium warmness. add onion and scallions; prepare dinner and stir until onion is translucent, about five minutes. stir onion combination into the noodles within the bowl. upload eggs, salt, and black pepper; mix till well-mixed.
four. pour remaining oil right into a nine-inch baking dish. location dish in the oven to heat the oil, about 2 mins. do away with from the oven and pour in noodle aggregate.
five. bake kugel inside the preheated oven until golden, about forty five minutes.