1. 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
2. 6 tablespoons butter
3. 1 tablespoon olive oil
4. 1 large chopped shallot
5. 3 crushed cloves garlic
6. 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
7. 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
8. 1/4 cup 2% milk
9. 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
10. 1 cup grated fontina cheese
11. 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
12. 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
13. 1/2 cup sour cream
14. 2 eggs
15. 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
16. 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
17. 1/2 teaspoon chipotle-flavored hot sauce
18. 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
19. 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
20. salt and ground black pepper
21. 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 9 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 44 Minutes
1.heat oven to 175 degrees c. grease a glass baking dish.
2.boil salted water. cook elbow macaroni inside the boiling water, stirring every now and then, till gentle yet firm to the bite for 8 minutes. drain.
3.heat 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a huge saucepan over medium heat. cook and stir shallot and garlic till barely softened for three mins. stir in flour; cook till flour turns a pale tan color, about 2 minutes. stir in evaporated milk and a couple of% milk; cook over low heat until sauce thickens for 5 mins.
4. stir cheddar cheese, fontina cheese, monterey jack cheese, and parmesan cheese into the sauce until melted and clean.
5. blend sour cream, eggs, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce together in a bowl. stir in half of cup sauce until nicely combined. pour sour cream aggregate into the saucepan. stir in macaroni, liquid smoke, oregano, salt, and pepper.
6. spread macaroni and sauce within the organized baking dish.
7. warmness remaining 1/four butter in a microwave-secure bowl till melted for 30 seconds. stir in bread crumbs; sprinkle over macaroni and sauce.
8. bake in the heated oven till pinnacle is golden brown and bubbly, 45 mins to at least one hour. let cool for 15 minutes earlier than serving.