simmer zucchini, italian sausage, and canned tomatoes in a gradual cooker for a hearty, weeknight meal.
1. 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage
2. 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces celery
3. 2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
4. 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
5. 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
6. 1 cup chopped onion
7. 2 teaspoons salt
8. 1 teaspoon white sugar
9. 1 teaspoon dried oregano
10. 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
11. 1 teaspoon dried basil
12. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
13. 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:4 Hours 15 Minutes, Ready In:4 Hours 45 Minutes
1. heat a massive skillet over medium-high warmth. cook dinner and stir sausage in the hot skillet till browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 mins; drain and discard grease. mix celery into cooked sausage; cook and stir till celery is softened, about 10 mins.
2. combine sausage mixture, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, salt, sugar, oregano, italian seasoning, basil, and garlic powder in a sluggish cooker.
3. prepare dinner on low for four to 6 hours. garnish every serving with 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese.