caramelized beef stomach is braised in soy sauce and rice wine in a sluggish cooker till meltingly soft in this for a chinese distinctiveness.
1. 1 1/2 pounds pork belly, cut into bite-size pieces
2. 1/4 cup vegetable oil
3. 3 tablespoons brown sugar
4. 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
5. 1/4 cup Shaoxing rice wine
6. 1/4 cup light soy sauce
7. 4 scallions, halved
8. 4 slices fresh ginger
9. 4 star anise pods
10. water to cover
11. 1/2 (8 ounce) package vegetarian chicken substitute, diced (optional)
12. 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (optional)
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:7 Hours 17 Minutes, Ready In:7 Hours 37 Minutes
1. fill a huge pot with water and bring to a boil. upload pork stomach; cook dinner until starting to soften, approximately 5 mins. drain.
2. warmness vegetable oil and brown sugar in a wok or large skillet over medium warmth until sugar is melted. add red meat; cook until browned on all aspects, approximately 2 minutes. upload darkish soy sauce; cook and stir until flavors combine, approximately 5 mins.
three. switch beef combination to a slow cooker. upload rice wine, light soy sauce, scallions, ginger, and superstar anise. pour in sufficient water to just cover the pork.
4. cook on low till beef is smooth, about 6 hours. add diced bird alternative, hard-boiled eggs, and extra water to cover.
5. cook dinner on low till eggs absorb cooking liquid, rotating midway thru, about 1 hour greater.