an critical basis for delicious gluten-free pies or tarts, this gluten-free pastry is made in a similar method as conventional pastry.
1. 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour (such as Compliments™)
2. 2 teaspoons white sugar
3. 1 egg, beaten
4. 1/2 cup shortening, chilled and cubed
5. 1/2 cup ice water
Prep:45 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 45 Minutes
1. mix flour and sugar together in a bowl. cut in shortening with a pastry blender till aggregate is crumbly. blend in egg till blended. upload water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and knead till the pastry holds collectively. form right into a ball. cowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until bloodless and firm, approximately 1 hour.
2. reduce ball in 1/2; place each 1/2 on separate sheets of parchment paper. flatten together with your hand and cowl with a 2d piece of parchment. roll into 1/eight-inch-thick crusts, flipping once, the use of a rolling pin. peel off the top sheet of parchment. fold 1 crust in half of. fold again into quarters; transfer to a pie plate. unfold and match into plate; peel off second layer of parchment.
3. reserve last crust to top filled pie.