packaged gravy blend and mushrooms will amp up the flavor of turkey drippings for a wealthy, savory gravy.
1. 1 1/3 cups turkey drippings
2. 1/3 cup hot water
3. 2 (.87 ounce) packages brown gravy mix (such as McCormick®)
4. 1 tablespoon turkey fat from roasting pan
5. 8 ounces chopped fresh mushrooms
6. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
7. 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
8. 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour (optional)
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:15 Minutes, Ready In:25 Minutes
1. blend the turkey drippings with hot water in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring properly to dissolve all of the brown taste bits from the drippings into the water. whisk inside the packaged brown gravy mix thoroughly, and allow the aggregate to come back to a simmer.
2. warmness the turkey fat in a skillet over medium heat, and cook dinner the mushrooms until they release their juice, 1 to two minutes. sprinkle the mushrooms with garlic powder and soy sauce, and cook dinner, stirring now and again, till the mushrooms have absorbed the soy sauce, 1 to two more mins. pour the mushroom combination into the gravy, then stir well. permit to simmer for about 10 minutes. if a thicker gravy is desired, whisk the flour into about 1/2 cup of the gravy in a small bowl, return to the saucepan, and allow to simmer for about five more mins to thicken.