smooth pork is stir-fried in a fiery chile sauce with ginger and spring onions in this sichuan dish best for a weeknight dinner for 2.
1. 6 leaves stem lettuce (celtuce), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2. 1 pinch salt
3. 2 teaspoons water
4. 1 teaspoon cornstarch
5. 1/2 pound lean pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
6. 1 teaspoon rice wine (sake)
7. 1/4 teaspoon salt
8. 2 tablespoons chicken stock
9. 2 teaspoons soy sauce
10. 1/2 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar
11. 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
12. 3 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
13. 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled red chile peppers
14. 2 teaspoons chili bean sauce ((toban djan), such as Lee Kum Kee®)
15. 3 spring onions, diced
16. 2 cloves garlic, sliced
17. 1 (1/2 inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:10 Minutes, Ready In:45 Minutes
1. integrate stem lettuce and pinch of salt in another bowl.
2. integrate water and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir right into a easy paste.
3. switch half of of the cornstarch paste into a bigger bowl. add beef, rice wine, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. mix well and permit marinate, approximately 5 minutes.
4. whisk final cornstarch paste, hen stock, soy sauce, black vinegar, and sugar in some other bowl to make sauce.
5. warmth oil in a wok or massive skillet over high warmness. upload pork with marinade; prepare dinner and stir until browned, 3 to four mins. stir in pickled chile peppers and chili bean sauce; cook till oil turns pink, about 1 minute. add spring onions, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir until aromatic, about 1 minute. stir in lettuce; saute until smooth, 2 to a few mins. pour in sauce and toss till thickened, approximately 3 minutes.